While traveling is an absolute joy for our family, we also love to welcome friends and family into our home. Some people might find opening their home to overnight guests a chore, but we fully embrace it. Recently my sister-in-law stopped in for a stay and I decided I wanted to do something a little special for her. It all started around a box of K-cups.
She likes a darker coffee than we buy typically, so I decided I would buy some Starbucks Café Verona K-cups to help make her feel more at home in our home. Then I thought, “why not pick out some other house guest gifts too”. So, I decided to put together a welcome gift basket.
I couldn’t wait to share a photo of the basket and some ideas of house guest gifts so you can put together a welcome basket for your own friends and family.
Ideas for House Guest Gifts
(be aware of possible allergies)
- Beverage (bottle of water)
- Coffee or Tea
- Chocolate / Sweet Treat
- Nuts / Salty Snack
- Socks / Slipper Socks
- Foot Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Face Cleansing Cloths
- Bath Products (special scent / men’s line)
- For Kids: toothbrush/toothpaste kit, bath crayons or bubble bath, juice box, fruit snacks, nightlight
You also want to make your home space welcoming for them. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure their sheets/blankets are freshly laundered (not stale smelling)
- Have a nice set of towels for each guest (bath towel, hand towel, washcloth)
- Place nightlights in hallways and bathrooms they will use at night
- Plan & purchase foods for meals and snacking
- Provide somewhere they can hang their towels (we have an over the door hanger in our guest room)
- Have a table or surface available where they can set things
- Provide a lamp or soft lighting in their room
- Place a clock (alarm) in their room
- Stock the toilet paper in the bathroom & provide a garbage can near the toilet
Hopefully these ideas will help you embrace welcoming your next guests into your home. Do you have any tips or ideas for how you make your home welcoming for guests? What are your favorite house guest gifts to give or receive?