This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, All You®, and Real Simple® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SpringintoMeTime http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Spring break is almost here, and for our family that means welcoming houseguests. My brother-in-law and his family will be staying with us for a week, and I have been in preparation mode getting ready for their visit. I picked up the latest All You® and Real Simple® magazines at Target for some inspiration in helping me get ready to welcome them into our home.
Follow along as I share my favorite tips for preparing a guest room, as well as showing you how to make an amenity gift basket for your guests.
- Buy a tray for the bedside table so guests can have a place to store their jewelry or electronics. I added the latest All You® and Real Simple® magazines in our tray since I know my sister-in-law loves magazines.
- Have a clock available, and perhaps even an alarm clock.
- Add a nice plant or flowers to their room to freshen up the room and add a welcoming touch.
- Have a multi-plug outlet bar so your guests don’t have to hunt for outlets, and they’ll have plenty of space to charge all their electronic devices.
- Add a special treat for your guests. I purchased some coffee for my bother-in-law and chocolate for my sister-in-law.
- Consider placing a hamper in the room if your guests are staying for a while.
- Over-the-door hooks are convenient for guests to hang their towels and/or robes on.
- Make sure you have lighting within reach of the bed. Works well for guests wanting to read at night, and also so your guests can see their way around the room after turning off the main switch.
Some of my ideas for preparing the guest room came from the article about mini bedroom makeovers in the March Real Simple® magazine. Loved the tips on side table lighting!
I was also searching for some yummy new recipes to try with our guests. The March issue of All You® has some delicious sounding dinner ideas, as well as lots of ideas for stocking up on healthy snacks! Or perhaps you’ll want to create a batch of these fun butterfly cupcakes!
Once you’ve prepared the guest room, and your food ideas, consider putting together an amenity gift basket for your guest bathroom. Your guests will feel like they’re being pampered, and they’ll appreciate your effort in making them feel welcomed.
House guest gift basket items:
- shampoo & conditioner
- nail polish remover (if you know your guests like to do their nails)
- hand soap
- body lotion
- tootbrush cup (this can be a pencil holder from the dollar bin)
- travel toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash
- disposable razor
If you’d like to watch me put together this basket and hear my tips for preparing your home for guests, watch this video.
And finally, be sure you head to your local Target to get some Spring inspiration for yourself. Enjoy a little “me time” while flipping through a new magazine. Right now Target has these special offers: In Store Offer (No Coupon Needed): Save $2.00 when you buy any TWO (2) participating magazines titles (All You®, Real Simple®, PEOPLE®) from 3/15-3/28 while supplies last, and a Cartwheel Digital Offer: Save 15% on select special issue magazines which include PEOPLE® Crimes of Passion, National Geographic® 100 Journeys of a Lifetime, TIME® Mark Twain, LIFE® Lincoln while using the Target Cartwheel app. Available until 4/17/15, while supplies last.
Thanks for reading and I hope these tips will help you prepare to welcome guests into your home!